International Law Weekend 2016
International Law Weekend 2016 - the premiere international law event of the Fall season - is set for October 27-29, 2016.
Download the Schedule of Events
ILW begins Thursday evening, October 27, 2016 at 6:30 pm with an opening panel at the New York City Bar (42 W. 44th Street).
Check-in and registration will open at 5:30 pm. The opening panel will be followed by a reception.
The conference continues Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29, 2016 at Fordham University School of Law (150 West 62nd Street).
Check-in and registration will open at 8:00 am on both days and will remain open throughout the conference.
The Unifying Theme for ILW 2016 is International Law 5.0
The world is changing at an accelerating rate. From technological advances to environmental transformations, international
lawyers are forced to confront emerging forces and new scenarios. Even settled principles of law are no longer settled.
These tectonic shifts have been felt throughout the geography of international law. Legal professionals at every level –
local, national, regional, and international – must change their practice to meet a changing world. Innovation will
become necessary for survival.
ABILA and ILSA gratefully acknowledge the generous support of
the Leitner Center for International Law and Justice
and of the following
ILW 2016 sponsors:
- American Bar Association
- American Society of International Law
- American University, Washington College of Law
- Brill / Martinus Nijhoff
- California Western School of Law
- Case Western Reserve Univeristy School of Law
- The Center for Global Affairs, NYU - SPS
- Center for Law and Intellectual Property, Texas A&M University School of Law
- Chaffetz Lindsey LLP
- Columbia Law School
- Cornell Law School
- Covington & Burling LLP
- The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- Foaly Hoag LLP
- Fordham University School of Law
- Georgetown University
- Georgia School of Law
- Hart Publishing
- International and Non-J.D. Programs, Fordham Law School
- Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies
- New York City Bar Association
- New York University Law School
- Oxford University Press
- Princeton University, James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- St. John's University School of Law
- Texas A&M University School of Law
- University of Nebraska
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- White & Case LLP
ILW 2016 - Program Committee Members
William Aceves (Co-Chair)
California Western School of Law
Peter Yu (Co-Chair)
Texas A&M University School of Law
University of Akron School of Law
Carlos Ivan Fuentes
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
U.S. Department of State
American Branch of the International Law Association
International Law Students Association